zondag 19 augustus 2012

Here on the beach + hot dude extra

A couple of weeks ago I went to the beach with my sister and mom, I'd post a more recent outfit but it's so hot I'll probably melt by just looking at more than one layer of clothes (more than bathingsuit/underwear, basically). I'm usually not a super sweaty person but last night it was so hot my hair got all sticky. Practicality wise, I'd rather have it be too cold than too hot. You can always just slap on more layers to keep you warm, however, when it's super hot and you're already wearing just the bare minimum to not be completely naked, there's nothing you can do about it. I have the worst time sleeping in warm weather too, I'm so happy to have a fan in my bedroom. It's a particularly nice one too:


OOH SNAP that was a terrible joke. I wish he was a fan of mine. And in my bedroom. The weather isn't doing anything good for my hormones. This dude is one of my recent finds, I wasn't particularly enamored with him in "Game of Thrones" because he's a total dickwad and the blonde hair doesn't do him any justice. I barely recognise him with the short, dark hair. He's SO FINE it's not even fair. I think I have a thing for dark eyebrows. If you don't recognise him either, he's the Khaleesi's brother. His name is Harry Lloyd and you know you will be googling him. MOVING ON.

As I was telling you, I went to the beach a couple a weeks ago, the weather was beautiful and just warm enough, with a cool breeze, to comfortably lie around on a towel, reading a book, laughing without any reason whatsoever and falling asleep. Thanks to my rigorous routine of slapping on suntan lotion I didn't even get burned a little! It's a rare, joyous event when I can go to the beach with my fair as hell skin and come back slightly colored instead of lobstery red. No make up either, which you can see by the honker of a pimple on my chin. :-D I did like seeing my summer freckles make an appearance. Let's be honest, we don't want our face running down our face when we just want to mozy around on a hot day. And if you're planning on going for a swim you're bound to get some salty water in your eyes, than you'll rub your eyes, than you have raccoon eyes from the mascara... you're better off to just go commando, face wise. Or, if it's that kind of beach, completely, if you will. Soaking up the sun is always better with a bare face! Also, I got some wonderful compliments on this "au naturel look" of mine. I like playing around with colorful make up and I love all different kinds of looks but I'm so glad I'm not too insecure anymore to confidently go out without make up. The thirteen year old me would be horrified at first but also super proud and happy to see I've come a long way. If anything, I'd like to think that I turned out like the cool girl I wanted to be. Confident enough to be myself in every way, whether it's stating my opinion on something important to me, standing up for myself or being able to feel perfectly confident in my skin, scantily clad without any make up. Also, I have had every color of the rainbow as a haircolor and I have a kickass nosering. If that wouldn't make the thirteen year old me proud, I don't know what would! :-D



I have a total beach babe thing going on in these pictures. Also: BECAUSE WE'RE WORTH IT. It needs to be said when you do a hairflip.


and of course silly pictures of me and the sis:


total tanline on my ass, there. It looks a little burned too. AW MAN, I didn't leave the beach burn-free after all. :-(


When being silly, there has to be a prima ballerina pose somewhere in there. It's a rule. Last picture with my fashionable, big hat-wearing momster:


I'll see you later, my lovelies!

P.S.: I just got started on twitter, I have to figure out how I can use it the best but hey, at least I'm there already! Say hi at https://twitter.com/The_Canon_Girl!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I did not recognize the kaleesis brother, he doesnt look anything like that in the show, and you're right the blond hair really doesnt do him any justice at all! he looks much better with dark hair and I too am a fan of dark eye brows on men. very sexy!

    you look so pretty in these photos! i didnt even notice you aren't wearing make up, you're just one very pretty lady. I can't be bothered wearing make up on the beach either, it's pointless. your sister and mom are just as gorgeous! :)

    xo
    anita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You are gorgeous both with and without the makeup - You do have a total beach babe thing going on.

    I prefer the weather to be cooler for the clothing options too, although I do tend to find that towards the end of winter I start to yearn for the summer sun!

    Harry Lloyd definitely looks better here than he did in Game of Thrones, but I think I'm still more of a Kit Harington (Jon Snow) girl...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You look gorgeous in that bathing suit (and I feel like I'm repeating myself because I'm pretty sure I made a similar comment in your previous post with this costume). And you look too hot in the hair flipping picture! Like, a real life pin up <3
    I completely agree about make up when going to the beach: it's pointless! Plus, you actually don't NEED make up, since you look beautiful even without some mascara on. (even if I love your colourful eyeshadows)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. (forgot to say: those pics with your sister and mom are lovely)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen