donderdag 18 augustus 2011

Punkify my granny dress

Well, so much for the good weather everybody was talking about.
We've had two or three dry days and today started out almost purple, it was super cloudy.
I was hoping it would get better and it did! For an hour or so. Goddamnit, this has been a crappy, crappy summer when it comes to sunshine.
Thank the mighty spaghetti monster I didn't set my money on cute sunny dresses when gone shopping. Could've done with a pear of sneakers/boots though, instead of sandals! BAH, HUMBUG.

Ah well, here's one of my new dresses!
I had a little bit of difficulty styling it, I really want to avoid looking too frumpy and  I had to think a little bit more about my make up and accessories to come to the look I wanted.
So a black belt, big dark necklace, darkgray eye pencil and a couple of rings added to the dress and it looks super awesome and not granny at all!
I enjoy these super pretty, sweet girly dresses but I never want to look too 'ladylike', I like to add a little bit of rock 'n roll or just something that goes against the cute to make it a little more interesting. Hope you enjoy my look! :-)


3 opmerkingen:

  1. I adore the second pic, and your make up is amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow that granny dress is gorgeous!!! and you are so beautiful!!!
    Freesia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow! You are SO PRETTY! And I love the dress - not granny-like at all

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen