dinsdag 8 november 2011

Lost Woods

Well, it's not a legitimate costume because it's just a lot of green stuff I have in my closet but I was a Kokiri for Halloween. Not scary, I know! But I felt really good in the all green outfit (I love green!) and I had a chance to make a Saria-esque picture with mah ocarina. For those of you who don't know what a Kokiri is; it's a fairy like being from 'The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". They live in 'Kokiri Forest' and they stay children forever. No parents around but they have a guardian in the shape of an enormous tree who talks to them and they respect him. They can't live outside Kokiri Forest, they die if they leave. Kokiri Forest is my favorite area in OoT because of the absolutely gorgeous music (check it out here) and the beautiful atmosphere. On the N64, these graphics were just mindblowing and to me, they're still amazing. Technically no, they might not be the best around. But the way they created a world I would want to live in, how it feels so magical and comfortable at the same time... I haven't seen anyone else do it.
All the kids live in tree houses and I wish I lived in a tree house! Also, they all have a small fairy, I think the fairies help the kids and give them advice and stuff, seeing how Navi did that with Link. So I based my outfit on the Kokiri's and their clothing.
No bare legs because it was pretty cold but still, you'll get my point!
Saria is definitely one of my favorite characters. She's Links best friend in OoT and I always found the cutscenes where they interacted very touching. It has a little coming of age feeling, best friends being together for their whole childhoods but Link had to go away and basically 'grow up' while Saria, being a real Kokiri, can't grow up or leave. So Link has to leave and Saria stays behind but throughout the game, she's still the person Link can contact when he doesn't know what to do or when he's stuck. Link is a lot more relateable when he has a best friend or family, to me, and I love it when he actually has relationships in the games (like with Saria or with Navi or Majora's masks crazy ass sidequest Anju and Kafei! I love those!) SO here's the outfit!

Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for the lovely comments on my last post! I really appreciate it and I love all of your blogs too!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Awesome idea for a costume! OoT's music is my favorite! My brother got the 3DS for his birthday and the new 3D Ocarina of Time is amaaaazing 8D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wah, such a cute outfit-costume :) I love how you recreated the Kokiri'sclothes, and you look great in total green! <3
    Life is a romantic poem

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I can't even tell you how much I love this! So so cool. Man. I can't wait until Skyward Sword comes out...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen