zaterdag 27 oktober 2012

Who run da world? NERDS pt. 2

Since you lovelies were so enthousiastic about my last post I couldn't keep you waiting too long for some more pictures! Embrace yourselves, there's a lot more awesomeness coming up!

Some of my brothers and sisters from other misters:


How cool is this?! I HAVE A GANG OF LINKS, Y'ALL. Though let's agree on one point: I'm definitely the sexiest. :-D The dude in front of me had a seriously kickass bow, though. And I appreciate a man in leggings.


YAY female Link!


Check out that Hylian Shield. MHM, that's pretty nice. Since I didn't have a mastersword I totally stole his. No I just asked him if I could take a picture with it. A smartypants in the background murmurred "OOOH she wants to play with your MASTERSWORD." so that explains the sexy face I have on here. :-D



And before it was too late I had to do a "DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN" with the sword.


ZELDA FANS, UNITE. He wanted a picture with me because of the cosplay, I wanted a picture with him because of the awesomeness of that shirt. I want it.


One of my favorite anime characters of all time, Kenshin Himura! It was truly an honor, I watched Rurouni Kenshin when I was younger, every sunday morning. I was crazy about it, together with my sister. I was kind of hoping to come across a sexy Sanosuke too but this did just fine!


Cute picture of me and my friend.


Oooh SNAP another Ash! No steampunk this time but still awesome. I really want a hat like that. You know, so that when things get hardcore I can flip my hat.


Some Half-life peeps who looked pretty hardcore in their cosplays. I asked if I could take a picture with them and the dude in the helmet replied "With Link? ALWAYS." and then showed me his upper arm containing this piece of art:


I probably don't have to tell you that I had a hard time with trying not to jump him screaming that I wanted to bear his children. It took a lot out of me but I managed to keep it together. Barely.


This has to be one of my favorite pictures in the bunch. NINTENDO PARTY OVAH HIYAH. I would've died if I had come back from the convention without a picture of Link with the Mario Brothers. While Link might be my one true love, the Mario Brothers are a steady second. My dad was crazy about Mario and loved to do really bad impressions of him.


Mononoke Hime in the hizzazz! I only saw a couple of Ghibli cosplays. There was one Arrietty, one Noface from Spirited Away and one San, pictured here. I was hoping to see a Howl or something (you know, A HOT HOWL) but alas, no cigar.


The moment I saw the back of his costume I thought "HOLY SHIT THAT'S FRANK". I love love love Donnie Darko and the movement in the picture and my creeped out expression really adds to the atmosphere of the picture.


MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS. Oh yeah. I have their themesong on my Ipod.


Link getting his sexy on with the white power ranger.


Adventure Time! Me and my sis are crazy about adventure time so once I spotted this Finn the human cosplayer I was like "NEED PICTUREZ NAO". He even played his ukelele for us! Too bad Jake wasn't there with him. I swear, one day, I will cosplay as the lumpy space princess.


A cute joker kid with a free hugs sign. As I mentioned in the last post, I can't resist a free hugs sign. My facial expression says "Daaaaw this joker is such a cutie pie!" which might not have been the reaction he was going for. But he was pretty adorable.


I wasn't really familiar with his character but my friends were. He was Gray from Fairy Tail, a pretty popular manga/anime. I just thought "MMM gotta get me some of that nerd man", as you can see in my not so subtle facial expression. My hormones were going crazy. Even if you're not a geek, just go to these conventions to check out some hot dudes. It's WELL WORTH it. :-D


This was a really cute kid who wanted to take a picture with me. Great cosplay and I totally dig the color of the wig.(sniffles)


I didn't buy much, just this Totoro plushie, two Shin Chan keychain thingies and a shirt with Wonder Woman saying "Girls will save the world!". Because, after all, I'm still a feminist, bitchez. The shirt will definitely be featured in a future outfit post!

I hope you liked my pictures and stories! I had a GREAT time and will definitely go again next year. I met really cool people and had a blast with my friends! And I encourage you, my lovelies, to get your nerd on.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. I love this post. That looks like so much fun i love your cosplay you looked super zelda! :) the others look so cool too. I love the title btw its funny yet true. I LOVE adventure time so that finn costume is awesome also love the princess mononoke i loved that movie as well as spirited away. Anyway this looks awesome! Im commenting from my phone here so thats why it might contain an unidentifiable number of typos and a different account lol.

    Xx
    Anita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. OHMYGAH you are the perfect Link! You look great and I love the photos of you and the Power Rangers :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I LOVE everything about this. You make an amazeballs Link and are now firmly cemented in my mind as one of the awesomest people ever (which I was pretty sure about before anyway really).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Aww I love that Totoro plushie <3 and I didn't realize it when I saw the pics on flickr but your friend had a Plue plushie in the photo with "Gray" :) aw adoooorable!!
    And I must say I love Donnie Darko too (even saw S. Darko, but it disappointed me), but I don't know if I would be corageous enough to take a picture with Frank. Frank scares me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. These are awesome! What a bunch of fun people, all open minded and having a blast! Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I was all set and ready to say stuff about all the cosplayers until OH MY GOODNESS MARIO!!!
    So yes. I adore the Mario cosplayers to NO END. I think Mr. Owl and I need to do some sort of Mario cosplay in the very near future.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. You're so pretty and adorable! Glad you had a nice time. I hope I can go too next year.
    I'm so in love with this Totoro plushie, would just carry it around everywhere, fo sure! The shirt sounds cool too, curious to see it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen